In this article you will find:
- What is Store Credit?
- What is a Gift Card?
- What are your customers receiving?
What is Store Credit (B2C):
Store Credit is all the currency issued by you, that your customers can only use in your store. You can issue and send Store Credit to your customers in a number of ways:
- As a reward through automatic WorkFlows.
- Manually Issue Store Credit for refunds, compensations etc.
- Bulk Campaigns - bulk create Store Credit codes.
- Adjust the Store Credit Balance of a customer with the Adjust Balance button on your Customers tab.
All Store Credit issued from the store to the customer (B2C), will be issued to the customers' Loyalty Card code or will be added to an existing Loyalty Card code.
Your customers will be able to apply their credit just like a Gift Card. They can input the Store Credit code at the checkout or use our auto apply button.
Store Credit, can expire, can be applied to certain products or collections and can be bound by the rules set by the store itself.
What is a Gift Card (C2C):
A Gift Card is a product that is sold in your store, that customers can purchase for themselves or others. A.
Gift Cards are essentially cash, bought by the customer and are bound by state rules. Gift Cards legally differentiate from Loyalty cards because they work as a payment method in all senses, meaning that unlike store credit, stores cannot apply rules of their own to their Gift Cards.
Golden Tip: Increase customer engagement and loyalty by using our “Create account get a reward” WorkFlow. This WorkFlow encourages customers to open an account by offering store credit upon registration.
- Setting up your Gift Cards
- Create Store Credit rewards
- How Customers can check their Store Credit balance