In this article you will find:
How to activate your Klaviyo integration.
How to build your gift card flows in Klaviyo.
How to Activate gift card emails to send from Klaviyo.
How to activate the Gift Card Klaviyo integration:
(Klaviyo already enabled). Disable and Re-enable the Rise-Klaviyo integration in the Rise integration section. Click here for instructions on how (this will push all the relevant Rise data into Klaviyo.)
(Klaviyo not yet enabled). Enable the Rise-Klaviyo integration in the Rise integration section. Click here for instructions on how (this will push all the relevant Rise data into Klaviyo.)
How to build your gift card flows in Klaviyo:
Depending on your Rise gift card setup, there are potentially 6 emails that can be sent for a gift card purchase (please note that the ‘Recipient Opened’ email isn’t possible through the Rise-Klaviyo integration):
Recipient Send as a Gift
Recipient Add to Cart
Recipient Print version
Recipient Instant-Message version
These email flows can be created using two Rise based triggers:
Rise.ai - Gift Card Recipient Notification
Rise.ai - Gift Card Buyer Notification
Both are triggered when a gift card is scheduled to be sent. The buyer_notification trigger should be used to send an email to the buyer of the gift card (Add to Cart Email or Buyer Email) while the recipient_notification trigger should be used for all recipient emails.
Gift Card Recipient Flow
1. Firstly, open a new Flow from scratch:
2. Name your flow:
3. Choose to create a trigger using a Metric and select the trigger “Rise.ai - Gift Card Recipient Notification”:
4. Add a “Trigger Split” after the trigger to differentiate between gift cards to be sent via email, vs other sending methods. You should set the dimension for the Trigger split as “gift_sending_method” - equals - email.
5. Add your Send as a Gift Email under the Yes branch from the Trigger split. You are able to see how to locate event placeholders from Klaviyo here and view our documentation for gift card email templates in Klaviyo here.
6. To set up the emails for Print and Instant Message, simply follow the same logic and set up another Trigger Split after the split between emails and other methods. Like the previous split, you should set the dimension for the Trigger split as “gift_sending_method” but change the dimension value to equal- print.
7. On the ‘Yes’ branch, set the email you would like to send for Print.
8. On the ‘No’ branch, set the email you would like to send for Instant Message
For both of these emails, you are able to see how to locate event placeholders from Klaviyo here and view our documentation for gift card email templates in Kalviyo here.
Once these emails have been set up, make sure to save your flow.
Gift Card Buyer Flow
1. Firstly, open a new Flow from scratch.
2. Select “Metric” as the type of Trigger, then search for the “Rise.ai - Gift Card Buyer Notification” and select it.
3. Insert a “Trigger Split” and for the Dimension, set “Recipient_First_name” is set.
4. Under the “Yes” branch, add the Buyer Confirmation email. This is the email that goes to the Buyer of the gift card when they have sent it to someone else, confirming that the gift card has been sent.
5. Under the “No” branch, add the Gift Card Add to Cart email. This is the email that is sent when the buyer uses the “Add to Cart” or “Buy it Now” buttons and no recipient details are added.
For both of these emails, you are able to see how to locate event placeholders from Klaviyo here and view our documentation for gift card email templates in Klaviyo here.
How to Activate Gift Card emails to send from Klaviyo:
Once you have set up the flows and checked the emails, make sure everything is set to live. Additionally, please turn off your Smart Sending to make sure all emails are sent to the buyer or the recipient in cases when multiple gift cards are being purchased.
You now need to switch the Rise settings to redirect your gift card emails to only come from Klaviyo, rather than Rise. Please note that once switching this setting, the responsibility of sending gift card emails will sit on Klaviyo, not Rise.
To make the change, click "Emails". If your Klaviyo integration is active, the option to switch the Email service provider will appear at the top of the page:
Choose "Send via Klaviyo" and make sure to click confirm in the confirmation box.
Please note that once you confirm, the gift card emails that are to be send via Klaviyo will be hidden from the Rise dashboard.
If you have any questions about the setup or process, feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected].