In this article you will find:
- What are “actions":
- How to choose an action for your WorkFlow.
- Explanation about each action.
What are “actions"?
Actions are different options to reward/segment your customers, when the trigger and conditions are met.
How to select an action:
After setting up a trigger and conditions for your WorkFlow, it’s time to choose an action to take once the conditions are met. To choose an action, click on “Add action”:
- Add Delay
Any action that you choose to apply, will be delayed by the amount of time you choose.
Note- You must insert the delay action first out of all the actions, otherwise, it won’t apply.
- Issue Store Credit -
Once conditions are met, Store Credit will be issued automatically. You can set the rewarded Store Credit to be issued in a number of ways:
- Fixed - A fixed amount of Store Credit will be sent if the conditions are met. You can have a fixed value given for each order, or you can have it based on the number of certain items at the cart.
- Percentage of - Store Credit will be issued as a percentage of the value type selected. You can give back a percentage from the total cart value, subtotal cart value (without shipping and tax) or a percentage back from the value of certain items in the cart.
- For every- For every $X spent in one purchase, reward $Y. You can have this action apply to the total cart value, the subtotal, or the value of certain items at the cart.
- Please note: when using collection ID, the collection must be a manual collection and not an automatic one.
- You can also create a reward that will reward $Y for every $X spent in a lifetime by using the "Total spent" action. Please note that this will take into account the customer's total spent in their lifetime, even before activating the Workflow. Meaning- if I create a Workflow of reward $10 for every $100 spent in a lifetime. and a customer has a total lifetime spent of $90 before I activated the Workflow, if they purchase for another 10 dollars, they will be rewarded.
- Expiration date - You can set an expiration date for your Store Credit. The expiration date can be either fixed (e.g: 05/13/2020) or dynamic (e.g: 30 days from creation):
- Issue Limited Store Credit
Limit your Store Credit rewards so that they can only be applied to specific collections. To do this, simply insert the collection ID for which you would like the Store Credit to work.
You can see the collection ID at the top of the collection page on your Shopify admin:
The credit rules are the same as the ‘Issue store credit’ action (see above).
- Add Customer Tags - Add a new tag to a customer. For example: Add a “Gold” tag to a customer with a lifetime spent of more than $2000.
- You can add multiple actions for each case, such as “Issue Store Credit” and “Add customer tag”:
Once you’ve finished adding an action to your WorkFlow, make sure you save and enable the WorkFlow, so it will be active and running at your store.
Got any feature ideas?
Feel free to add them to this feature request form.
Have more questions?
Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or in the chat box