In this article you will find:
- How to set up referrals.
- How your customers can get their referral link.
How to set up referrals:
- Go to your WorkFlows tab, click on 'Create WorkFlow' and choose 'Create your own'.
2. Click 'Select Trigger' and choose 'Successful Referral'.
3. Click 'Select Action' and choose 'Issue Store Credit'.
4. Choose how much Store Credit you would like to give to the referrer (fixed or dynamic), fill out the email fields, and expiration date (fixed or dynamic). You can then choose if you would like to give the referred credit as well.
5. Once you're done, all you need to do is to save, test and enable the WorkFlow.
6. After the WorkFlow is all set, enable/update your Rewards Widget to present the referral link to your store account owners.
Click the ‘Store Assets’ tab, then click the ‘Customize’ button for the Reward Widget.
7. Locate the Referral section and click the edit icon.
8. Inside the referral section, you can enable or disable the referral card (making it visible or invisible on the reward widget). You can also customize the text on the card:
How your customers get their referral link:
Once your customers log in to their account they will have the option to generate their own referral link by clicking on ‘Get referral link’ inside the widget:
Now your customers can share the link with their friends via social media or any other channel, and get their rewards for purchases made via the referral link.
Q: What is considered a “Successful referral”?
A: Successful referral is when a customer who has never purchased at the store before arrives at the store via the referral link. When the customer purchases something our system registers the referral link the initiated the purchase and awarded the referrer.
Q: How does Rise prevent referral abuse?
A: When an order is made via a referral link our system checks that it was not made from the same email of the referrer. The system also checks that the IP address used on the purchase is different than the IP address used by the referrer.
Q: Can customers get a referral link without the widget?
A: Yes, you can create a referral link through your Customers tab, and send it to your customers. In the future, the customer will also be able to get his referral link via the account page ‘store credit’ pop-up.
Got more questions or any feature ideas?
Please contact us through the chat box or mail to Rise Support.